- Plastic bottle tops to the Belgian center for guide dogs. This charity helps to provide support to the 14,000 blind and partially sighted people of Belgium.
- Old printer cartridges to Natuurpunt. The printer cartridges are recycled by Tomson recycling, who then donate 1 Euro for each recycled cartridge sold to Natuurpunt. They are an organisation that promotes biodiversity in Belgium.
- Old reading glasses to lunettes sans frontier. The glasses are donated to developing countries around the World, with an emphasis on Africa. Hospitals distribute to glasses to the poor partially-sighted of the country.
- Corks to Le Petit Liege. This non-profit organisation manufactures insulation material from the used corks.
- Glass to the recycling centre. We collect any used glass and drop it at the recycling centre, so you don’t have to.
- English book library. We now have a library of over 500 English books that can be borrowed.
- Toys & games. Thanks to donations, we have growing pool of toys and games that can be borrowed.
- Letter collection. So that customers don’t waste time and fuel, we stop at the post office along our route with any customers letters that need posting
- Eco dry-cleaning. We collect and drop-off the dry-cleaning of our customers. We use an ecological dry-cleaners to keep the service in line with our ecological philosophy.
Batteries, Britta filters ..... In the future we plan to recycle many more items. We are always open to suggestions, so please let us know directly or via Sunbeams if you have more recycling ideas.
This article was originally published in the February 2010 edition of the Sunbeams newsletter.