Take an eco-challenge
Thursday, 29 April 2010 15:36
This is our very first challenge and these are some of our suggestions:
- Reorganize you garbage: get one big garbage bin for the white (and other) official garbage bags in your kitchen and make sure you get a proper lid to close it, instead of using small bags to fill up a big one;
- Make sure you get all kinds of reusable bags/boxes/trolleys: the ones provided by supermarkets, small thin bags to hide in your handbag and unfold when you need them, trolleys (some to be folded) and handy foldable boxes to leave in the car. It is such a nice feeling to be able to refuse all those plastic bags offered to you in the shops and at the market;
- Try to buy fruit and vegetables in loose and big quantities (see next month's challenge);
- Get a composting bin or compost place in your garden: this will reduce your (smelly) garbage.
- Make use of "Tupperware" and similar boxes to store things in the fridge, to use for picnic and as lunch boxes.
Published in Eco-challenges