A special thank you to:
- All people tall and small who donated trees and planted them together with us;
- All the fundraisers and contact persons at the international schools and organisations for having done a tremendous job helping us with this event: Alison April, Caroline Gill, Donna McVicker, Felicity Dent, Ingrid De Decker, Joy Gillman, Kathleen Anderson, Kirstie Egner, Martina Bauer, Martine Foerter, Olga Danilova, Lisa Thauvette, Lisa Treadwell, Marcel van Ratingen, Michelle Brown, Paul Christmas, Sabah Siddiqi , Sarah Kapoor, Sarah Koghali, Tasha Byrne and many others!
- Everyone who sponsored the children from the Marollen, inner-city of Brussels, to come and participate at the event under the wings of Serve The City - Brussels;
- Bert, Liselot and Lore of the Flemish forest association who gave us all their expertise, technical support and patiently answered all our questions and demands;
- The director of UNEP Brussels, Olivier Deleuze, who supported Sunbeams and this common cause and was also present at the event to plant his own trees;
- The land owner, Luc Vandermarliere, for realizing his childhood dream of converting his land into a forest forever;
- The mayors of Linter and Tienen for their support of our event;
- The Eastok choir for letting their magical voices be carried away in the wind, blessing all the new little trees and warming us in the cold;
- Simon Dibb and Jean-Luc Onckelinx for putting their professional shoulders under the press coverage of our event;
- The following Belgian nature organisations being present with their booths and willing to explain everything in English: Natuurpunt
Imkerverbond Vlaams Brabant
- Our partners and lovely dynamic people of Reason2.be, Ben and Valerie, for selling their yummy Belgian organic apples and pears at the event;
- The Embassies of Indonesia and Slovenia, as well as MO Group International for planting trees at our event;
- The International Montessori School for sponsoring our event by offering their driver and shuttle bus to drive people back and forth from the train station of Tienen;
- The sponsors providing free apple juice Tetra packs for all the children;
- The neighbours for being so patient with all the cars and people invading their streets;
- All the members of the Sunbeams team for their creative minds, their dedicated time, warm welcoming of people and their sponsoring and planting of trees: Alan, Alexander, Bogdan, Courtenay, Eli, Ellen B., Ellen H., Eva, Geoffrey, Henrik, Katrina, Kirstie, Laura, Lisa, Martina, Martine, Merritt, Morgan, Nickie, Nicole, Olga, Ronna, Sarah, Tamas, and ... especially Vanessa for all her hard work liaising warmly and professionally with all the international schools.
Thank YOU so much!
Founder and President of Sunbeams