This will be our challenge for this month:
- Tap water in Belgium is safe and needs to qualify to 55 EU and WHO criteria and you can read all about it on www.vivaqua.be in English (under "Practical Information").
- At first it might have a chlorine smell/taste, but if you leave it for 10 minutes most of it has evaporated!
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice might make miracles as to the taste!
- If you want to read about the impact of you drinking bottled water (waste, health, etc.) have a look at this article from www.emagazine.com
- If you prefer to use a water filter jug (e.g. BRITA) only use very cold water and store it in the fridge if you intend to keep it longer than a day (max. 2 days in total!)
- It is up to 100x cheaper than bottled water!
- Imagine how much waste and transport you could avoid by providing each family member with their own refillable drinking bottle!